What is ISST Schroth Camp
- ISST camp is an intensive scoliosis-specific exercise group treatment according to the original Katharina Schroth method.
- The treatment follows the inpatients Schroth treatment delivered at the Asklepios Katharina-Schroth-Klinik in Bad Sobernheim, Germany, where the Schroth method originated.
- The treatment is tailored for patients with idiopathic scoliosis and kyphosis.
The Purpose of the Schroth Camp
- To educate patients about their own specific curve type and how it affects their posture.
- To teach patients the home exercise program (HEP) aimed at recalibration of their posture affected by scoliosis or kyphosis using their own ability to auto-correct in all three planes of the body.
- To teach patients how to use Schroth principles in activities of daily living (ADL) to assure constant active correction throughout the day.
- To stabilize the corrected posture by emphasizing the importance of compliance with the HEP and ADL’s.
Structure and Schedule
- The camp is 7 days
- Daily exercises consist of three 1.5 hour sessions
- 1 hour break in between each treatment session
- On the first day each patient is assessed individually & the HEP is prescribed based on their own specific curve pattern & abilities.
- On the first and last day a battery of tests is performed
- At the end of the camp patients will receive a booklet with their specific HEP and a certificate of a successful completion of the camp.
Nicola Varveris, DPT, MSPT, MBA Nikola Jevtic, MSc
Schroth Certified Therapist Regional Schroth Instructor
- Patients with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis (AIS) or kyphosis aged 10 & above
- Adults with adult-onset scoliosis or kyphosis
- Patients with or without a brace
- A formal diagnosis of a spinal deformity
- A recent radiographic imaging of the full spine taken within 3 months for kids and 1 year for adults
- Ability to participate for the whole duration of the camp
- For females a sports top or bikini top (racer backs are discouraged) with exposed back
- Comfortable sports pants, shorts or tights
- Cost of a 7-day camp is $1,500
- A 15% advanced payment is required to assure your spot.
- Once you sign up, we will contact you with further instructions.
- Payment must be made in full prior to the start of the camp, however an instalment plan may be arranged upon request.
- Scholarships are available on a first come first serve basis and if eligible.
Your Investment Includes
- 4.5 hours of training per day (total of 31.5 hours) with a certified Schroth therapist.
- A Schroth swag bag containing all the equipment that you will need to do your HEP at home.
- Daily snacks
- Daily Light lunch
We understand that life happens, and you are welcome to cancel your participation 1 month before the camp. If you cancel on or after 1-month prior to the camp, the 15% deposit will be forfeited, but all other installments, should you have any, will be returned to you.
Naples is a popular vacation destination offering a wide range of hotels. The clinic is very centrally located with several hotels nearby. Come for the camp and stay for the beach!
The camp will be held at PhysioNetics
1575v Pine Ridge Road #15
Naples, FL 34109